Saturday, November 20, 2010

Butternut Squash Soup

I just finished eating this and I had to rush here to tell you about it. This soup was amazing. I got the recipe from our employee website at work, where there is an entire section of recipe swaps.

3 Butternut Squash
2 Carrots
2 Potatoes
3 Cubes Chicken stock
3 Tbsp Butter
1 Cup Cream
lemon juice
salt/pepper

First, chop and boil all the veggies until tender. Save 1 cup of the boiled water, then drain veggies. Add the saved water to a large pot, and melt the butter and chicken stock in it.



In batches, puree the veggies in a blender with the cream (I used half light cream, half heavy cream). Add the puree into the pot with your stock, add salt and pepper and continue to stir until mixed and heated through.

Once done cooking, add to bowls and top with a few drops of lemon juice and some fresh cracked pepper.






It was really easy to make and it tasted SO FRIGGIN GOOD. It's absolutely perfect for this season, too. If we were having Thanksgiving at my house, I would definitely serve this before dinner.
On another note, big things are happening. As you know, the past 6 months have been kind of crazy for me. My life was turned upside down, and I'm only beginning to piece things back together. Now its got another twist. Our lease is up in January, and there is really no reason for my Mom and I to stay in this house. So where do we go? With the looks of it, Mom will be moving into my aunt's house a few towns over. And me? That's the question. It's time for me to be a big girl and move on.
Let the apartment shopping begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment